Reviews are a critical aspect of any business especially in the field of real estate and there is nothing devastating like negative online reputation. At the same time, a series of adverse events doesn’t mean that you are a bad or incompetent realtor. To satisfy everyone is not an easy chore and on some occasions, it may be beyond your reach, but you should certainly do your best to respond to a negative review that will impact positively without finding the middle grounds of your basic business needs-DC Fawcett Approach.
A negative review has the potential to drag down your real estate rating, that’s why it is imperative to gain knowledge on how to respond to not so fortunate reviews and avert your reputation, brand, business from being tarnished. Listed below are some of the handy tips that will let you know how to act in response to negative reviews.
- Take action promptly and appropriately- In view of the fact that, everyone else is having a close watch at the comments, be it positive or negative. Follow certain ethics, when it comes to responding for negative feedbacks. Don’t write something accusatory in return, don’t hasten to blame even if you think they are wrong, no emotional response, instead try to answer back in an appropriate way, it must be timely, balanced and professional. In simple stick on to calmness, clarity, and confidence when you reply.
- Concise– Address the disapproval, but at the same time make sure it is to the point, this will help avoid problems down the line. Apologize for the inconvenience caused and direct them what to do by addressing the recipient.
- Resolve the issue privately and respond publicly- Always prefer to resolve the issue privately. Addressing the recipient, the message that you send should have an introduction about yourself with greetings, thank them for using your services and also thank for the feedback given, apologize for the negative experience and fix the issue. As you try to resolve the issue privately, respond publicly as to what you have done to resolve the same.
- Status– As you rectify the setback, keep posted the same to your customers and let them know that you care. Update about the actions taken after their reviews/ feedback.
- Learn and don’t repeat– Finally, don’t forget to learn from the bad reviews and avoid reiterating. Providing key insights, unconstructive feedbacks should trigger more action towards customer satisfaction.
Remember, a negative review acts as a prospect to show off your customer support, so, while making an attempt to sort out and obliterate the unconstructiveness, you should have greater patience and control, most importantly what you can be in command of is how to act in response. Follow these aforesaid guidelines and turn a negative review into a positive customer experience. For many more guidelines about how to be successful in real estate industry, stay tuned to DC Fawcett virtual real estate investing club and change the way your real estate business functions, while also to know how to make tactical real estate decisions.